Real Estate Auctions are a hybrid between auctions and traditional real estate transactions, gaining popularity rapidly because of the benefits for sellers and buyers. Working with experts we took the best features from auctions and traditional real estate and created a process that works better than any other selling method in any market condition. The end result gives buyers and sellers more options when buying or selling real estate.
Barrett Real Estate Auctions allows sellers an advantage with a reduced commission when placing their home on the market. We also continually research the market and value the home according to market value. Our program also allows the buyer to search properties and bid on a home directly by multiple means including a “Buy it Now” option.
Selling with Barrett Real Estate Auctions
- Sellers reserve the right to accept, negotiate or reject the highest bid. (No risk involved!)
- Both the highest bid and the bid history are displayed on the auction website at all times
- No long term listing contract
- The bidding process is conducted only online
- No upfront fees from the seller
- No property inspections are required prior to acceptance of the highest bid
- Once the highest bid is accepted by the seller, the buyer goes into escrow with all appropriate buyers’ contingencies and inspection time frames in accordance with the purchase contract
- The property will be available for viewing only at the open house dates (unless agreed otherwise)
Buying with Barrett Real Estate Auctions
- Once you have decided to bid on a property, click Bid Now. This will prompt you to register. You will be asked to enter credit card information. Your card will not be charged unless in the case of non-compliance. (In case of concern with providing credit card information, please contact Barrett Realty’s office at 941.745.9999 for more information).
- Enter Your Bid Price. Bidding is completed in increments of $1000. You are able to enter more than that but your bid will only be raised $1000 at a time (see auto bid instructions on p. 3)
- You Won! If you have been notified of the acceptance of your winning bid, an AS IS contract must be submitted within 24 hours with the 3% buyer premium. From this point forward, all inspection periods and terms will follow the standard Florida real estate contract.
We Are Always Here to Help
Auctions have benefits for buyers and sellers. But just because the format is different does not mean our dedication to service is! Please feel free to call us at 941.745.9999 or drop by our office in Sarasota.